zondag 15 mei 2011

Gedaan met stoefen op Bruno & friends!

Een mens kan niet blijven stoefen, toch?
Gewoon wat tekstfragementen uit de nieuwe cd Walking on water van Bruno. En nee, ik heb geen aandelen.

“I don’t want to kill the mood
I’d be more joyful if I could
But now the time has come to say goodbye
With a handshake and a laugh
A hyena’s autograph
And no promise that could easily be a lie” (By & by)

“I burned all my bridges
And in the process I took a fall
Got ninehundred and twenty five stitches
And in hot weather I can feel them all.” (Walking on Water)

“Like a sunset and the morning
Like a polar bear in Spain
We’re no match that’s made in heaven
But we’re endless just the same” (Endless)

Zelfs uw dienaar zit zonder woorden als hij deze lyrics hoort. Om maar over de muziek te zwijgen…